Camping‎ > ‎

Summer Camp 2018

posted Apr 3, 2017, 6:46 AM by Committee Chair Pack23   [ updated May 2, 2018, 7:44 PM ]
Hi Scouts!

Its time to sign up for Summer Camp!  We have some great options for summer camp again this year that include both our own council camps and some neighboring council camps.  The last few years we went to Kalamazoo Michigan to camp Roto-Kiwan and Rainbow Scout Reservation.  They are both wonderful camps, and are options again this year.  Our Pathway To Adventure Council (PTAC) has the Adventure Camp in Rochelle Illinois.  Adventure Camp reviews have not been as good as the other camps.  
A parent or guardian is required to attend camp with their Scout, and its a great time to spend together!

Here are the links to the 3 different camps:

Camp Roto-Kiwan in Kalamazoo, MI - This camp is $120 for Scouts and for adults before May 12.  This is a 3 day and 2 night camp.

Rainbow Scout Reservation in Morris, IL - This camp is $165 for Scouts and $85 for adults before June 6.  This is a 4 day and 3 night camp.

Adventure Camp in Rochelle, IL -- Click on the Cub Scout Overnight Camps for the similar camp to the two above.  This is 3 days and 2 nights and costs $75 for Scouts and $35 for Adults before June 1.  The day camps and family camps are also available at this link, which are also fun options.

Our poll of Scouts and Families earlier this year showed that the Rainbow Scout Reservation was the preferred choice of camps this year.  All 3 sessions were popular.

To sign up for either the Roto-Kiwan camp or Rainbow Scout Reservation, please sign up on the form below.  These camps want the Pack to sign up as a unit, so I will do the initial registration once we know how many are attending.  For any other camps (Adventure Camp or Day camp or Family camp), please use the form to let me know which camp, but also sign up on the camp web site.

Registration forms and medical forms will follow after we get the initial signup done.

Please sign up before May 8, 2018 so we can get the early bird discount!

For all summer camps, you will need to fill out a basic medical form for both Parent and Scout.  Here is a link to the medical form:  BSA Medical Form AB 

All adults will need to take the basic online Youth Protection training from the BSA web site here.

For Michigan Camps, including Roto-Kiwan, you will need to fill out the Adult Registration Form and the Michigan Central Registry Form.  Here is the Roto-Kiwan Camp Guide with lots of information

For Rainbow Scout Reservation, here is the RSR Camp Guide and the list of badges/achievements you can earn.

If you have any questions, email Chad at

2018 Summer Camp Signup